Know the Facts about Rehab
Addiction is not a mental condition that you can will away. It is a physical condition with intense withdrawal symptoms that make it hard to overcome addiction without proper treatment. Since addiction affects people differently, the same treatment that works for someone else may not be right for you. Rehab LA specializes in helping you find the right treatment, so you can overcome your addiction and move on with your life.
Addiction commonly begins as an escape from reality. So, overcoming addiction isn’t just about healing the body, it’s about healing the spirit. Holistic drug and alcohol treatments use a mind-body-spirit approach to treatment that focuses on all aspects of an individual, allowing you to work on the emotional issues at the base of your addiction as you fight the physical symptoms. Benefits of a holistic approach include:
- No medication- while some program use methadone to help fight withdrawal symptoms, holistic treatments use non-drug therapy options, like acupuncture to help with withdrawal
- Long-term focus- healing goes beyond the immediate addiction, the user needs to be able to forecast potential threats in the future for relapse.
- Spiritual approach- This gives recovering addicts an inner support system
The fact that you overcome your addiction and stop using doesn’t mean that you are in the clear as far as temptation, a fact you probably know well if you’ve tried treatment before without success.
- Relapse prevention classes- Provide counseling and insight on the pattern of drug or alcohol abuse, giving you the knowledge you need to keep working toward true freedom from substances.
- A support system- That lasts beyond rehab. The understanding that your struggle is common and others have been in your shoes. Insight into common triggers for drug abuse, which can help you determine your own triggers so that you can avoid those things that lead you to use
What you need to overcome your addiction is personal, and you don’t have to follow anyone else’s path. The good news for addicts is that treatment options are varied, providing you with many choices when it comes to seeking help for your chemical dependence.
We Can Help
The Los Angeles area is full of treatment options and facilities, and finding the right one can feel overwhelming. If you need help choosing the right program for you contact us today at the toll free number, or simply fill out the form on this page.
“I ended up using heroin regularly”
“From the time I was young, I struggled against problems with low self-esteem and low confidence. When friends asked me to try heroin at a party, I automatically agreed because I thought I would not be accepted if I did not. I assumed that taking the drug a single time was not enough to get addicted, but I was wrong. I ended up using heroin regularly and my life became centered on the drug.
After my parents and siblings confronted me about the problem, I turned to a referral service called rehabla.org for help. The referral service helped me connect with a treatment facility and I began getting through the first steps of treatment, including detoxification, which was very challenging but necessary. Thankfully, I was referred to the right treatment program and the professionals were supportive from the beginning.
I was able to work through the challenges that made addiction a major part of my life. The treatment facility offered helpful programs and options to improve my self-esteem, which played a significant role in my addiction. I have learned to love myself for the way I am and to enjoy the life I was avoiding with the drugs.”